Deendayal Research Institute (DRI), setup on March 8,1968 under the inspirational guidance of Padam Vibhushan Shri Nanaji Deshmukh is currently working to validate the philosophy of "Integral Humanism". Models for development such as providing services for health, hygiene, basic education, training for self employment etc. have been developed to achieve overall socio-economic development and reconstruction of Indian Society. The developmental programmes have been carried out at various centres viz. Delhi, Gonda, Balrampur (U.P.), Chitrakoot (U.P. & M.P.), Beed, Nagpur (Maharashtra).
The mission statement of Deendayal Research Institute is We are not for ourselves but for Our kith and kins are those who are oppressed and neglected.The aim of the Institute is to evolve a social system for the transformation of our age old Indian Society suited to the modern scientific era and based on eternal values of integral Humanism. With this aim Deendayal Research Institute has undertaken following major programmes;
- To carry out research in Social Science with a view to reconstruct Indian Society.
- To establish Rural Development and Training centers for carrying out research with a view to motivate people in adopting new and improved technologies in the field of sustainable Agriculture, Water Conservation & Alternative Industrialization and promote self-employment.
- Activities in the field of medical research, medical care, life-long health and medical education.
- To set up Academic and Technical Vocational Training centers in rural areas.
- To eradicate social evils by propagating human values with the active cooperation and initiative of the people.
- To establish Dispute free Society.
- Integrated Tribal Development.
- To ensure people initiative and active participation in the efforts.
- To Organize Intellectual Activities.
- To share the experience and Intellectual property with other Organizations.